Each OPB854 series contains an Infrared Light Emitting Diode (LED) and an NPN silicon phototransistor mounted on opposite sides of a 0.100” (2.54 mm) wide slot in an opaque plastic housing. The OPB854 series has an equivalent aperture of 0.60” (1.52 mm) in diameter because of the lens on the emitting an sensing devices.
The difference between the OPB854A aeries and OPB854B series are electrical characteristics.
Switching of the phototransistor occurs whenever an opaque object passes through the slot.
Custom electrical, wire and cabling and connectors are available. Contact your local representative or OPTEK for more information.
• Opaque housing material for ambient light rejection
• Non-contact switching
• Printed circuit board mounting, lead spacing 0.300” (7.62 mm)
• Slot width 0.100” (2.54 mm)
• Choice of three mounting configurations
• Non-contact interruptive object sensing
• Assembly line automation
• Machine automation
• Equipment security
• Machine safety